Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Whether it’s a fire, a flood, or black mold, when anything happens to your home or business, a quick response is necessary. The longer water sits on a hardwood floor or saturates belongings only makes the situation worse. This is why it is crucial for action to be taken almost immediately. SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield prides itself on being on scene as quick as possible, to minimize the damage that has already occurred. With locations across Fairfield County, we are well equipped to arrive very quickly. This allows the remediation to start on time. Our skilled crew knows the right steps to take so that we can start to fix the problem.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (203) 707-1952
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Westport / Fairfield arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.