Furnace Puffback Cleanup in Fairfield, CT
When a furnace puff back occurs, smoke and soot can cover every surface of your Fairfield, CT home. While you may want to jump into cleaning up the damage yourself - the black, sticky substance throughout your property is an enormous challenge to clean.
For professional puffback clean up, you can call the soot and smoke damage specialists at SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield for 24/7 emergency restoration services.
What Not To Do After A Puffback
There are a few things you shouldn't do after a puffback in your home, including: Clean smoke and soot yourself, scrub walls, or use your heating system.
- Improper cleaning of soot and smoke will make the damage worse
- Scrubbing soot or smoke embeds it further into walls or furniture
- Homeowners do not have the proper chemicals or materials to neutralize smoke and soot particles - what may look clean to your eyes will continue to produce unwanted smoke odors
- Using your heating system after a puffback can cause more soot and smoke in your home, especially in the case of a forced air heating system
What You Should Do After A Puffback
There are simple steps you can take after your furnace misfires to prevent further damages and ensure all issues are cleaned up:
- Call your insurance company and file a claim. Your insurance company works directly with local puffback cleanup companies, making the process less confusing and easier for you.
- Call your HVAC technician. Before using your heating system, you'll want to make sure whatever caused the misfire is repaired so that it doesn't happen again.
- Contact a local smoke damage restoration company. While these types of companies usually clean after house fires, the smoke and soot from a furnace puffback requires the same kind of cleaning methods, making these companies the best cleanup choice.
- Don't use your heating system until told to do so. Even if your furnace or boiler is fixed after a misfire, it's best to not use it again until explicitly told it is safe to do so. While the heating system may be fixed, there can still be large amounts of soot in the ductwork. Unless your ducts have been cleaned, you shouldn't use your heat to prevent spreading more soot around your home or business.
Puffback Cleanup Process
SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield can completely clean your home of all soot, smoke, and unwanted odors after a furnace puffback. Your property will receive a specialized soot and smoke cleaning plan.
Our general puffback cleanup process includes:
- Damage inspection and assessment - A Project Manager will meet you on site to walk through the damages on your property. Here, they will explain the clean up and deodorization process in detail, along with any timelines or important information.
- Equipment set up - SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield utilizes specialized smoke damage equipment such as HEPA filter air scrubbers to filter smoke and soot particles from the air.
- Soot and smoke cleaning - The team at SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield cleans every inch of your property with specialized smoke & soot equipment, ensuring no particles are left behind.
- Fabric restoration - In this step, soft upholstered items such as furniture, clothing, or bedding will be properly cleaned by a soot damage restoration company, with the goal of recovering all of your items.
- Air duct cleaning - To completely clean a home after a puffback, this step cannot be skipped. Air ducts are what spreads soot and smoke across your home and will cause these particles to cover your home again when not cleaned. This step is also important to rid your property of all unwanted smoke odors.
- Restoration - Here, any painting or rebuilding will be performed to completely bring your property back to pre-damage conditions.
Need Cleanup After A Puff Back in Fairfield? Call SERVPRO For A Free Estimate!
SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield accepts all insurance carriers and is open 24/7, 365 days a year to respond to your call. Whatever the disaster, we're ready to make it "Like it never even happened."