Burst Pipe Cleanup Services in Fairfield, CT
Fairfield residents are no strangers to the below freezing temperatures of Connecticut winters. Unfortunately, these below freezing temperatures can cause water pipes to burst and result in extensive water damage to your home.
When you need emergency water damage restoration services after a frozen pipe bursts in your home, SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield's specialists are Here to Help 24/7, 365 days a year.
- 24-Hour Emergency Burst Pipe Cleanup
- Direct Billing to Your Insurance Company
- Free Inspection & Estimates
- Advanced Water Inspection, Extraction, and Drying Equipment
What To Do After A Frozen Pipe Bursts
- Turn off your main water supply as soon as possible to stop flooding and prevent further damages.
- Call a plumber to fix the water pipe that burst.
- File an insurance claim to cover the cleanup of your water damage.
- Call SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield for 24/7 emergency water cleanup - 203-707-1952
- Take steps to prevent pipes from freezing again in the future.
SERVPRO Frozen and Burst Pipe Cleanup
When you call SERVPRO of Westport/Fairfield after a water pipe bursts, we quickly spring into action to provide emergency burst pipe cleanup services. While every water damage cleanup is a unique situation, you can expect the following general cleanup process:
Step 1 - Emergency Contact
When you connect with a SERVPRO representative, they will ask the following questions to ensure our emergency response team is prepared once they arrive on your property:
- When did this occur?
- What was the source of your flooding?
- What areas of your home have been affected by water?
- How much standing water is currently in your home?
- Is the water source still flowing/Have you turned off the water supply?
- Is there any mold growth?
- Have your filed an insurance claim?
Step 2 - Water Removal and Extraction
Once crews arrive on site, they will begin to rapidly remove any standing water in your property using commercial grade water extractors. The faster this is started, the more likely it is that building materials like carpeting, floor boards, or drywall can be saved.
Step 3 - Equipment Set Up
Commercial grade drying equipment is setup throughout your home. This may include air movers, dehumidifiers, or floor mats to ensure all affected areas are properly dried. Equipment is not removed until it has been confirmed by a moisture reading that the area is dry.
Step 4 - Demolition (As needed)
In the case of burst pipes, there is likely to be some level of demolition in your home since pipes burst behind walls or ceilings. These areas must be opened up to ensure no moisture is left behind, which could produce mold growth in your home.
Step 5 - Mold Remediation (As needed)
When it comes to water damage, mold growth is always a possibility. Mold may be present in your home if a pipe had a slow water leak before bursting or when damages are not handled right away.
- Did you know? Mold can begin to grow in as little as 48 hours after water damage.
Step 6 - Restoration
Once your Project Manager has confirmed your property is dry and the water damage cleanup process complete, restoration can begin. Our in-house construction team can handle any needed painting, drywall replacement, carpet replacement, and more to return your home to pre-damage conditions.